Freetown, Sierra Leone | 21 October 2020 | Employment
Start date : 16 November 2020
Mission duration : 1 year
Deadline for applications : 31 October 2020
Salary : 1600-1750
Solthis is a global health NGO created 15 years ago that works for prevention and access to quality care for all by strengthening health systems and services in a sustainable manner. We work on women's, maternal and child health issues, and on major pandemics such as HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis. Solthis is a development NGO, present in West Africa with 6 country offices, which in partnership with local actors and deploy projects including operational research, capacity building and advocacy.
In order to carry out our project in Sierra Leone, we are looking for a:
Empower 2 HIV MEDICAL OFFICER
Duration of the contract: 1 year (with possibility of extension for the duration of the project)
Assignment basis: Freetown, Sierra Leone
Solthis is implementing the second phase of the “Empower Project” which aims to empower users for improved quality of patient-centered HIV Care & Services. This right-based approach project relies on the recognition that strengthening both the demand and supply side of Health Services is the key for success. Our interventions seek to strengthen and build capacity at the national level, health facility level and the community level. Our key partners are the Network of HIV Positives in Sierra Leone (NETHIPS) for the Civil Society component, the National Aids Secretariat and the National Aids/HIV Control Program (NACP) for the medical one. In 2019, Solthis is also entering into a partnership with AAH (Action against Hunger) with the purpose of streamlining HIV in their project focused on RMNACH quality of care improvement.
The objective of the position is to improve quality of HIV care and elimination of mother to child transmission (eMTCT) in 20 health facilities where the Empower 2 project is implemented.
Based in Freetown and under the supervision of Solthis Medical Coordinator, the Medical Officer main responsibilities are to improve HIV care quality and to build the capacities of health workers with respect to adult and paediatric care and eMTCT: trainings, post training follow-up, clinical mentoring, internship, on-site support.
- He / She maintains effective working relationship with the other Medical Team members to ensure coherence and proper coordination of medical activities.
- When required, he/she also participate in the implementation of community-oriented activities of the HIV Program, in close collaboration with the Community team.
- He / She facilitates cohesive and supportive collaboration between the health facility teams and Solthis teams, building confidence and teamwork among those involved
Specific tasks and responsabilities :
- HIV care quality improvement (QI) & Capacity building of healthcare workers : implement Project activities, build the skills of the Health Care Workers with respect to the package and cascade of care of HIV, organize and cunduct joint-supportive supervisión with District Management Teams, contribute to the integration of care with the involvement and coordinations of all HCWs from various units at the supported sites…
- Technical support to district coordination bodies and representation of Solthis expertise : represent Solthis and attend coordination meetings relevant to the Project, give support to District Health Management Team to ensure the integration of HIV in their routine activities…
- Monitoring and Evaluation / Project reporting : follow-up and reporting of Project indicators related to medical activites, participate in the anual reporting…
Initial training: You have a medicine diploma.
Experience: You are a medical doctor with strong experience (at least 2 years) and interest for HIV care. You have experience in training, mentoring and supervision of staff and in team management. A working experience in project management is also required.
An experience in resource-limited settings and / or an experience working with national HIV programs can be an asset.
Qualities: You communicate in English with ease both orally and in writing and are known for your interpersonal and oral communication skills. You have a strong capacity to listen and to share and good analytical, writing and presentation skills. You are well organized and rigorous. You can work in multi-cultural teams.
Other: You have good computer skills and a valid driver's license.
Salary: Between 1600 euros and 1750 euros gross per month
- Perdiem and housing allowance
- Medical coverage, repatriation insurance, provident fund.
- 33 days of paid holidays per year
HOW TO APPLY?
Composition of the file: CV, Motivation Letter and 3 references (former managers + HR)
Send to : Recrutement@solthis.org with the object “Empower 2 Medical Officer”.
Deadline for submitting applications: 31/10/2020
Procedure: Successful candidates will be contacted for an HR interview and technical validation.
Note. Any application submitted after this deadline will not be taken into account.
Solthis reserves the right to close any vacancy before the advertised deadline. Thank you for your understanding.