Freetown, Sierra Leone | 10 mars 2023 | Emploi
Niveau requis : 4/5 years degree
Date de début : 15 juin 2023
Durée de la mission : 1 year fixed-term contract, renewable
Date limite des candidatures : 23 mars 2023
Solthis is a global health NGO created 20 years ago that works for prevention and access to quality health care for all, by strengthening health systems and services in a sustainable way. We work on women’s, mothers’ and children’s health issues, and on the major pandemics, HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis. Solthis is a development NGO, present in West Africa with 6 country offices and which, in partnership with local actors, deploys projects including operational research, capacity building and advocacy.
Solthis applies a policy of non-discrimination in hiring based solely on the skills, experience and interpersonal skills of its candidates and does not under any circumstances base its selection criteria on notions such as gender, age, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious affiliation or state of health (pathology and/or disability).
We therefore encourage you all to submit your application.
Solthis seeks a qualified Administrative and Financial Manager to coordinate all Sierra Leone country's office administrative, logistical, human resources and financial aspects of Solthis programs. He/she will be responsible to ensure that administrative procedures are respected, consistent, harmonised and appropriated by the teams.
Reporting to the Country Director (CD) and working closely with the DAF team at headquarter, the RAF will be responsible for
Accounting and Finance :
- Ensures the supervision, support, control and validation of the mission’s accounting management as well as the control of the mission’s cash management
- Transmits accounting documents to the MDC and to headquarter
- Participates, on the budgetary side, in the development of project proposals for institutional and private landlords
- Involves in internal and external audits
- Responsible for updating budgetary and forecast monitoring
- Carries out financial monitoring of partners and contributes to their capacity building on management and administrative aspects
- Responsible for the implementation of the HR policy at the country level: recruitment, career, compensation, social climate, abuse prevention…
- Is in charge of the administrative management of personnel : drafting and monitoring of contracts, verification of pay, monitoring of leave, administrative management of disciplinary follow-up
- Carries out legal monitoring
Logistics and Security :
- Defines and validates the logistical means and material organisation of the mission
- Ensures the management and follow-up of orders, guarantees the respect of purchasing procedures
- Organises staff travel
- Defines, writes and updates procedures, rules and logistics tools in conjunction with headquarter
- Monitors and analyses developments in the national and regional context
- Ensures the application of the rules of the mission
Team management :
- Recruit, inductes, set objectives, appraise, trains Leads, and supervises the administrative and logistical team of the mission (composed of over twenty people) and meet regulary with the admnistrative and logistical team
- Is responsible of internal and external reporting
Initial training : You have a 4/5-year degree in a relevant field (finance, accounting, management) or you are a graduate of a business school, bioforce, etc. Training in Human Resources is necessary
Experience: You must have a minimum of 5 years experience in a similar position, including at least one experience in an NGO and at international level
Experience with donors (Unitaid, AFD, Expertise France…) would be an asset.
Qualities & Skills: You are able to communicate in English both orally and in writing and you are known for your thoroughness. You have excellent writing and summarising skills. You are proactive and can make proposals. You know how to work independently and in a team.
Essential skills: accounting and financial management, human resources management, team management.
Fluency in French would also be an asset.
Other : You have a good knowledge of the office pack (Word, Excel, Teams…), knowledge of SAGA software is essential and a valid driving licence.
- Depending on status, experience and Solthis grid
HOW TO APPLY ?
Composition of the file: CV, letter of application and 3 references (former managers) To be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject « NAME FIRST NAME – RAF SL ».
Application deadline: 23/03/2023
Procedure: Successful candidates will be contacted for an HR interview and technical validation
Please note. Any application submitted after this deadline will not be considered. Solthis will review applications on an ongoing basis and may close the recruitment early if a candidate is selected for the position.