Sierra Leone | 28 janvier 2019 | Emploi
Date de début : 1 mars 2019
Date limite des candidatures : 15 février 2019
He/She will be in charge of the implementation of Civil Society part of the project, being the focal point with our main partner NETHIPS, as well as other civil society and institutional structures working on similar topic.
The Technical advisor will have to show ability to manage a broad technical portfolio (ability to work on different trainings such as advocacy and organizational strategies), and to design a tailored support to our partner. He/she will also be responsible for supporting the implementation of strategies designed with our partner.
He/she will also be responsible for coordinating the implementation of advocacy activities, including the production of a relevant expertise useful for NETHIPS and the promotion of PLHIV at the national level.
Based in Freetown and under the responsibility of the Head of Mission and the HQ Health Promotion Manager, the CS Technical Advisor supervises the Health Promotion Officer. His/Her main responsibilities are: (1) the provision of technical expertise to NETHIPS in the definition of strategic documents and plans, as well as implementation of activities; (2)the development of NETHIPS professionalism, technical quality and visibility of its actions; (3) the coordination of the Civil Society activities in the different regions of the country in line with Solthis strategy, policies and principles.
Specific Tasks and responsibilities
Support the reinforcement and organizational development of civil society partner
- Conduct an Holistic Organizational Capacity Assessment and support the development and implementation of an tailored action plan for improvements
- Training and mentoring of NETHIPS to carry out the needs evaluation, with support from HQ
- Design and support elaboration of communication, advocacy, and resource mobilization strategies, with support from HQ. Conduct subsequent trainings on the topics
- Identify challenges and issues that can affect NETHIPS implementation of strategic and operational plan, and propose corrective actions;
- Facilitate connection between NETHIPS and other relevant structures and potential partners (CSO, institutional, private sector)
- Participate in NETHIPS Quarterly review meetings with national and local partners.
Networking, Advocacy and Representation
Consistently with NETHIPS advocacy plan
- Support the implementation of NETHIPS advocacy plan, strengthening links with relevant partners (institutional and CSO partners and platforms) in consistency with the main objectives defined within the advocacy plan
- Support the implementation of the Stigma Index Survey, as well as its advocacy and communication in collaboration with NETHIPS
- Support the analysis of the Community Treatment Observatory data, and its subsequent use for advocacy to promote better care for PLHIV,
- Be proactive in terms of elaboration and proposition of relevant advocacy materials. Being central to the production of relevant expertise.
Links with Health authorities and international partners
- In close coordination with Head of Mission and Project Manager, the civil society technical advisor could have to communicate on the project with to Health authorities and international partners and to advocate on various Civil Society Strengthening topics
At the national and regional level
- Create bonds with other CSO specialized in promoting the rights of PLHIV and key populations
- Take part to dedicated workshops and symposiums on health and rights promotion of PLHIV
- Support the establishment of a Steering Committee for the Empower Project and participate/animate committee meetings to ensure commitment of national partners for transition and/or scaling of the project best-practices.
- Lead, coordinate and follow-up the Civil Society part of the project
- Responsible for the definition, follow-up and reporting of project indicators related to civil society activities: design and monitoring of tools, organize the data-collection and ensure quality of data-collected, data-analysis.
- Supervise the work of the Health Promotion Officer to ensure that implementation is well done and leads to reached goals
- Supervise the elaboration of all documents that could monitor, evaluate, capitalize or communicate on the CSS part of the project, especially monthly and annual reports, in collaboration with the Health Promotion & M&E officer
- Participate in Solthis annual programming session
- Maintain working Relationships with all members of the team, involved in the same project or others
- Assist Head of Mission and Medical Coordinator in fundraising and/or expanding/developing new program
Qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5 years' experience in a relevant field, or a Master's Degree and a minimum of 3 years in a relevant field
- Knowledge of public health policies and management
- Experience in Civil Society Capacity Building, Strengthening & Organizational Development
- Several years of field work with communities in Africa
- Experience in and aptitude for multi-stakeholder training and facilitation
- Cultural and Religious sensitivity, knowledge of traditional cults and societies in Sierra Leone
- Experience in resource-limited settings would be an added value
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, knowledge of Krio is an asset
- Analytical & problem solving approach
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Conflict management experience,
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; well organized, and able to prioritize multiple tasks, while driving results;
- International Driving license.
- Location : Freetown, Sierra Leone
- Contract duration : for 1 year (with possibility of extension for the duration of the project)
- Starting date : 1st of March
- Salary: according to professional experience + package (pension allowance, medical and repatriation insurance, plane tickets at the beginning & end of contract, monthly living allowance)
Submission of applications:
Please send your application in English (CV, cover letter, references, dates of availability) to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference “Civil Society Technical Advisor”, by February 9th, 2019.
Solthis reserves the right to close any vacancy before the advertised deadline. Thank you for your understanding.