Date de début : 5 février 2018
Date limite des candidatures : 22 janvier 2018
Voir notre offre en anglais ci-dessous
Solthis is an international medical NGO dedicated to Health System Strengthening (HSS) and whose objective is to build the capacities of the actors in charge of major components of the health system : care services (medical and paramedical staff, midwives, therapeutic educators and psycho-social workers, etc.); laboratory (technicians, etc.); pharmacy (procurement, logistics supply chain teams, pharmacist, etc.); the health information system; and lastly the coordination bodies (Ministry of Health and its DHMT; civil society organizations).
In 2017, the NLTCP in partnership with Solthis, trained health care workers at national and districts level on TB prevention and Care. A Training of Trainers was conducted, as well Advanced ToT and cascade trainings to 7 districts. In 2018 the program intends to continue to roll out cascade trainings to the remaining 7 districts of Sierra Leone.
In addition, in 2018 the NLTCP also intends to implement a systematic screening initiative (SSI) for active TB for all inmates on entry to correctional facilities in Freetown. This program will later be cascaded to all correctional facilities at a nationally. Solthis will provide TA to design and implement this national project.
Under the supervision of Solthis Head of Mission, the TB medical officer will be assigned:
- To support the capacity building and training of Health Care Workers on the new TB Treatment Guidelines through the support of the cascade training at district level. .
- To support the design and implementation of the SSI within the correctional facilities of Freetown.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Support to national and / or district coordination bodies
- To liaise and consult with all relevant partners in the National TB response, including Governement Ministries, NGOs, CBOs, Technical Partners and Private Sector
- To support the capacity of national and district teams to conduct mentoring and supervision visits at national and district levels
- Participate in national TB Technical working group meetings
- TB Care Quality improvement (QI) & Capacity building of healthcare workers
- Develop a training curriculum and training materials (power point presentation, algorithms, per and post testing tools) for the training of health care workers in systematic screening initiatives
- Develop a training plan and job aides (brochure, pamphlets, algorithms, etc.)
- Conduct training of trainers workshops
- Support cascade trainings in the districts
- Develop clinical mentoring and supervision tools
- Provide onsite support and mentoring to follow up practice and actions at health facility level
- Project Management & Reporting
- Monitoring & evaluation
- To support the TB programme in devising a monitoring and evaluation strategy for the SSI.
- Reference all the work done with national partners, activities, outputs & outcomes
- Participate to the elaboration of monthly, quarterly and final reports in close collaboration with Solthis Head of mission
Attend coordination meetings relevant to country programs when dealing with medical aspect
- Working Relationships with all members of the team, involved in the same project or others
- Medical doctor with 3 years of experience
- Experience in Tuberculosis clinical management is mandatory
- Knowledge of public health
- Experience in training and mentoring of healthcare workers
- Previous experience working with national TB programs will be an asset
- Experience in resource-limited settings would be an added value
- Experience in project management
- Fluent English, French is an asset
- Location : Freetown, Sierra Leone (with some missions in-country)
- Type of contract: VSI or CDD
- Length of contract : 6 months renewable
- Starting date : January 2018
- Salary: according to professional experience + package (medical and repatriation insurance, transport, common accommodation, monthly living allowance).
Submission of applications:
Please send your application in English (CV, cover letter, references, dates of availability) to email@example.com, quoting reference “TB medical officer”, by January 8th, 2017.
Solthis reserves the right to close any vacancy before the advertised deadline. Thank you for your understanding.