Sierra Leone | 30 janvier 2019 | Emploi
Date de début : 1 mars 2019
Date limite des candidatures : 15 février 2019
Solthis is an international medical NGO which contributes to the strengthening of health systems to improve the access to quality care in countries with limited resources and/or with the vulnerable populations. Solthis is registered and has been operating in Sierra Leone since 2011 where our teams have been providing comprehensive technical support at both health facility, national and community levels to improve quality of HIV care.
By 2019, Solthis will work towards consolidating its interventions and operationalizing its strategy for long lasting development that relies on the principle of non-substitution. In particular, Solthis will implement the second phase of the “Empower Project” witch aims to empower users for improved quality of patient-centred HIV Care & Services. This right-based approach project relies on the recognition that strengthening both the demand and supply side of Health Services is the key for success. Our interventions seek to strengthen and build capacity at the national level, health facility level and the community level. Our key partners are the Network of HIV Positives in Sierra Leone (NETHIPS) for the Civil Society component, the National HIV/AIDS Secretariat (NAS) and the National HIV/AIDS Control Program (NACP) for the medical one.
The Health Promotion Officer will be in charge of the implementation of the community strengthening component of the project in close collaboration with both NETHIPS Project and M&E officers. The Health Promotion officer will have to show ability to interact confidently and engage with community stakeholders in an authentic way. He/she should be able to identify implementation challenges and work with the project team to develop comprehensive solutions to address them. He or she must have strong community organizing and engagement experience. He or she must be rigorous in terms of data collection and monitoring.
Based in Freetown and under the responsibility of the Civil Society Technical Advisor, the Health Promotion Officer's main responsibilities are: (1)the provision of capacity building to PLHIVs with a participative methodology in order to increase their involvement in their own care and their ability to advocate for their rights; (2) monitoring and evaluation of Solthis community systems strengthening activities including Institutional Strengthening of the main partner NETHIPS in monitoring and evaluation.
Specific Tasks and responsibilities
Civil Society Capacity Strengthening and Organizational Development
- In collaboration with NETHPS Project Officer, provide capacity-building and monitoring of support groups champions/peer counsellors (PLHIV) for the support of patients and assistance of healthcare workers: training and tutoring.
- Emphasis will be placed on making support groups self-sufficient through resource mobilization trainings, and targeted advocacy actions to support community sensitization against stigma.
- In collaboration with NETHIPS, coordinate the implementation of their activities regarding Support Groups Strengthening to ensure it is properly done and leads to results:
- Monitoring community-level care and support activities for people living with HIV/AIDS (PLHIV),.
- Organization of regular meetings with support groups leaders and Health Care workers to provide a forum for them to share successes and discuss challenges.
- Health Facility and Community sensitization on Patient Right Charter and other advocacy activities that promote rights of PLHIV.
- Conduct participative assessments to determine patient specific needs in terms of care delivery circuit, in association with the medical team and all stakeholders within health facilities, patients and health care workers.
- continuously monitor patients' satisfaction with services provided and other related patient centered issues.
- Identify challenges and issues that can affect timely implementation of planned care and support activities to the treatment and Care team and propose corrective actions;
Networking, Advocacy and Representation
In collaboration with Solthis Medical team, develop strong links with Health facilities
- Strengthening links between health facilities and community-level entities
- to ensure provision of psychosocial support to PLHIV through support groups
- to promote quality of care for PLHIV
- Support development of strategies to improve referrals/counter-referrals of PLHIV between health facilities and community-based support groups;
- Support development of strategies to improve the quality of care of the most key and priority populations.
- Support the development of strategies to improve the relationship between patients and health care workers
M&E & reporting
- Be the focal point on monitoring and evaluation of the community component of the Empower project (M&E of the activities as well as of the satisfaction and empowerment of Support Groups Champions and PLHIV themselves).
- Strengthen NETHIPS Information Management (data collection, data analysis) and streamlining of the Community Treatment Observatory data review process.
- Participate in the development of community component monitoring and evaluation tools including drafting of monthly and annual reports.
- Participate in Solthis annual programming session.
New business development
Assist Head of Mission and CS Technical Advisor in the identification and development of new opportunities related to community systems strengthening.
Qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5 years' experience in a relevant field, or a Master's Degree and a minimum of 3 years in a relevant field
- Knowledge of public health policies and management.
- Experience in Civil Society Strengthening and community systems strengthening Demonstrate experience in organizational development.
- Hands on experience in project monitoring and evaluation.
- Analytical & problem solving approach
- Ability to adapt within different cultural and development contexts.
- Demonstrated experience in working with key and priority populations in health and community programing.
- Experience in resource-limited settings would be an added value.
- Experience in and aptitude for multi-stakeholder training and facilitation
- At least 3 years of field work with communities in Africa
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, knowledge of Krio is an asset
- International Driver’s License
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; well organized, and able to prioritize multiple tasks, while driving results;
- Location : Freetown, Sierra Leone
- Contract duration : for 1 year (with possibility of extension for the duration of the project)
- Starting date : 1st of March
- Salary: according to professional experience + package (pension allowance, medical and repatriation insurance, plane tickets at the beginning and end of contract, monthly living allowance)
Submission of applications:
Please send your application in English (CV, cover letter, references, dates of availability) to email@example.com, quoting reference “Health Product Management Advisor”, by February 15th, 2019.
Solthis reserves the right to close any vacancy before the advertised deadline. Thank you for your understanding.