According to WHO, healthcare financing means how financial resources are generated, allocated and used in healthcare systems. The key issues:
- How to raise sufficient funds to promote global health, and from which donors
- How to overcome financial obstacles in order to allow access to healthcare services for the whole population, including the most vulnerable
- How to propose a range of equitable, effective and efficient healthcare services
Our healthcare priorities
Under this broad theme of health financing, Solthis works specifically to:
- Mobilize domestic and international financing for healthcare and universal access to care
- Promote the most cost-effective solutions for patients and the national healthcare system
What we do
Solthis provides technical assistance to its national partners in preparing applications for grants and international funding. Solthis supports its partners in drafting concept notes and other documents required for grant applications, such as action plans, budgets, performance frameworks, and inventory and supply management plans.
Solthis lobbies local, French and international authorities for funding to support global healthcare and ensure that international development assistance addresses local realities. Solthis positions itself between those working at the grassroots level and international decision makers in order to strengthen existing technical and financial partnerships and improve the flow of information.
In partnership with research teams, Solthis develops projects for evaluating the cost-effectiveness of health interventions (prevention, screening, care) to help remove financial barriers to healthcare.
Furthermore, Solthis wishes to become even more involved in assessing and implementing fair and efficient healthcare-financing solutions. Beyond universal health coverage, which remains the ultimate goal of the international community, Solthis hopes to develop insurance solutions tailored to each context.