From 2 to 7 December 2019 will be held in Rwanda, the 20th edition of the International Conference against HIV and Sexually Transmitted Infections in Africa, ICASA 2019.
Meet our teams and partners at the conference to discuss the new challenges in the fight against HIV in West and Central Africa: introduction of HIV self-testing with the ATLAS project, 6 years of improving access to viral load testing with the OPP-ERA project, Users empowerment and patient involvement to improve the quality of HIV care: field experiences from the Empower project, and PACTES.
Symposium and posters
ATLAS project: symposium will be held on HIV self-testing in Africa
OPP-ERA project: 2 posters and one communication
- Communication: HIV virological failure management: give the chance to the patient, not to the ﬁrst line ART
- Poster: HIV viral load: providing access is not enough (OPP-ERA project)
- Poster: Management of HIV virological failure in an associative medical facility in Burundi (OPP-ERA project).
Empower project: 2 posters
- Poster: Pragmatic approach to Strengthening the capacity of healthcare workers to provide quality HIV care: Experience of SOLTHIS from Sierra Leone
- Poster: Impact of provision of Mobile Phones for communication between Healthcare Workers and People Living with HIV in Sierra Leone